Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets
We all know that 99% of the time taking a generic form of a medication is a lot more affordable. But do we really take the time to see how their ingredient profiles stack up to the name brand medication? There’s got to be reason why they are so much more affordable. However, in my opinion, there’s got to be a pretty good reason to justify paying for the more expensive medication.
Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets are an over the counter prenatal vitamin that only costs you $0.3 cents a day. A group of consumer researchers compared several different prenatal vitamins and found that the Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets were actually the least expensive, yet still contained high amounts of Folic Acid, as well as other important nutrients that pregnant women need. Out of all the nutrients, folic acid is probably the most important since it helps prevent neural tube defects from occurring.
Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets are designed for women who are trying to conceive, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets do not contain the high-quality ingredients CoQ10, DHA, Choline, Inostiol, or Ginger Root. They also do not have any probiotics.
Rite Aid Prenatal Tablet Ingredients
- Vitamins A, C, D, E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, B6, Folic Acid, B12
- Calcium, Iron, Zinc
Essential Ingredients found in Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets
There are no essential ingredients in Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets. However, one thing to note is that there is 27 mg of iron in each serving, which is the recommended amount for women who are pregnant. Having enough iron ensures that adequate amounts of oxygen are being transported to your baby. Iron also helps prevent anemia, and helps you feel less fatigued.
Essential Ingredients Not Found in Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets
Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets do not contain any of the essential ingredients you should look for in a high-quality prenatal vitamin. These include CoQ10, DHA, Choline, Inositol, Ginger Root, as well as probiotics. Here’s the reason why you want these ingredients in your prenatal vitamins.
- CoQ10: Decreases the risk of you developing preeclampsia (Toxemia) by 10%. Preeclampsia effects 2-3% of pregnancies and is responsible for 60,000 deaths each year in the United States.
- DHA: Is very important for the development of your baby’s brain and eye development. Babies with high levels of DHA have better visual, cognitive and motor skills and test higher on IQ tests than baby’s who do not.
- Choline: Increases the size of brain cells in your baby allowing them to fire faster and producing more memory-forming chemicals.
- Inositol: Helps prevent neural tube defects like spina bifida and anencephaly
- Ginger Root: Helps alleviate even the most severe cases of morning sickness, especially if taken with Vitamin B6
- Probiotics: Help support a healthy digestive tract, stronger immune system, and help you gain less weight. Probiotics also reduce the risk of childhood eczema, obesity, gestational diabetes, and respiratory tract infections.
Overall Rating of Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets
If you are on a budget, Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets are better, than not taking anything at all. However, as a RN in the OB/GYN field, I would recommend doing more if you can. There is enough research supporting the importance of essential ingredients, in benefiting both you and your baby during prengnancy.
Choosing the right prenatal vitamin is not the time that you should be cutting corners. The health of your baby far outweighs the money you invest in buying other things for your baby. If you do not have your baby, you will have nothing at all. So, if you decide that Rite Aid Prenatal Tablets are not right for you, make sure you check out the top supplements on pregnancyvitamins.net.
Top Rated Prenatal Vitamins
Prenatalgyn is another prenatal vitamin at the top of my list. Prenatalgyn contains the correct proportions of Folic acid, calcium, iron, and DHA, this product will do it all when providing you and your baby with vitamins and minerals. There are few other prenatal vitamins that can compare to the ingredients found in this product. Prenatalgyn also comes highly recommended by professionals and has great reviews from consumers. Prenatalgyn also comes in capsule form for better absorption and easy swallowing. Read the Full Review of Prenatalgyn.
- Probiotics reduce the risk of childhood eczema by 58% and the frequency of gestational diabetes by 20%
- Folic Acid and Inositol protect against neural tube defects like Spina bifida and Anencephaly
- Choline affects children's lifelong learning and memory.
- DHA significantly improves visual, cognitive, and motor development in babies
- Iron reduces fatigue and prevents anemia, pre-term labor, and low birth weight babies
- Ginger Root and Vitamin B6 alleviate severe nausea and vomiting
- ChromeMate curbs cravings and regulates blood sugar