This simple pregnancy test with sugar can be done at home.
How to do a pregnancy test with sugar
Pregnancy test with sugar is hassle-free. But before we dive in, what is a sugar pregnancy test?
What is a sugar pregnancy test?
The sugar pregnancy test, using two readily available ingredients: sugar and urine, is a do-it-yourself way to know if you’re pregnant. The sugar pregnancy test can detect the presence of a pregnancy hormone known as chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in humans.
What is human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG)?
The HCG is Often known as the growth hormone , and it can only be detected ten days after fertilisation. It shows If you are pregnant or not. Additionally, HCG tells the body to maintain an elevated level of progesterone so you don’t have your period and release the fetus.
Do you know the early pregnancy symptoms? Nausea, exhaustion and tender breasts? The increase in HCG rates is responsible for all the symptoms. The HCG hormones also sustain the baby after birth, through breast milk.
Things you need for a pregnancy test with sugar
- White sugar
- A neat, sterilized bowl
- The first-morning urine of the day
Procedures for doing a pregnancy test with sugar
Be sure the first urine of the day is what you are about to use. Which plays a significant part in the test. That is because the first urine of the day produces the largest HCG hormone levels.
- In your clean, sterilized cup, add two or three table cubits of sugar.
- Urinate the early morning urine inside the sterilized tub, pour directly on the sugar.
- Wait a minimum of 3-5 minutes before attempting to analyze your tests.
How to interpret the result of a pregnancy test with sugar
The sugar can form into a clump after you pour your urine on it. This suggests that your urine sample contains HCG hormone which means you are pregnant. But if the sugar dissolves, this means that HCG is not present. This means you’re not pregnant.
Factors that can affect your result?
Procedures are strictly followed for a reason. One misstep can affect your results.
- Make sure that you urinate straight into the sterilized tub. Do not urinate somewhere else until pouring into the cup to prevent contamination.
- Don’t use any time of urine only your first-morning urine and not second or third urine of the day.
- Don’t drink excessive water in the morning that can force you to urinate. Taking water excessively will force out urine in the morning it might temper results. Because the urine becomes too diluted with too much water and little HCG hormone it might result in in-accurate result.
- The test must be done after you’re very sure you have missed your period. Also not too soon after a missed period. Maximum of 10 days after your last menstrual period.
- Read also: How to test pregnancy with salt?
How accurate is a pregnancy test with sugar?
Pregnancy is a life-changing moment for many women. It’s understandable you’re curious to learn your pregnancy status, but it’s best to opt for a more accurate check.
No actual scientific evidence is available that ascertains whether a pregnancy test with sugar is accurate and effective. In the meantime, you can only take this pregnancy test, so be sure to see your doctor if you get the chance or have any concerns.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Sharon Marie olabanji RN, CHO, Founder and CEO of Pregnancyvitamins, has a background in community health, nursing, and nutrition. As a mom of two, I do thorough research and I decide to take good care of my self and tackle health problems during pregnancy and after delivery. Pregnancyvitamins.net is the culmination of her thousands of hours of research and all posts are medically reviewed and verified by the research team.